Notice is hereby given that the The AGM of the National School Sailing Association will take place at Cliff Park Ormiston Academy, Kennedy Ave, Gorleston-on-Sea, Great Yarmouth NR31 6TA on Wednesday the 27th of July at 19:00.
No motions for discussion or nominations for positions have been received,so the draft agenda has become the final agenda.
1. Apologies for absence
2. Approval of Minutes of the AGM held on 28th July 2016 at Rutland Sailing Club. Click Here to view.
3. Matters arising from these minutes
4. Chairman’s report
5. Treasurer’s report - Click Here to view accounts
6. To appoint an independent examiner of the accounts of the Association for 2016-17. Nomination: Rachel Crawford.
Proposed by James Conway, seconded by Nigel Vick
7. To elect The NSSA President for 2016-2017
Nomination: Iain Percy
Proposed by Stuart Jones, seconded by James Conway
8. To elect the NSSA Vice-Presidents for 2016 - 2017
Nominations for Vice Presidents:
Mr Terry Beale Mr Paul Goodison
Mr David Bellamy Mr Bob Grant
Mrs Anna Blannin Mr Martin Passmore
Mr Geoff Chapman Mr Andy Rangecroft
Mrs Barbara Darling Mr Neil Ransom
Mr Michael Dennison Mr Ralph Tingle
Mr John Denton Mr John Tilsley
Mr John Dowd Mr Martyn Styles
Mr Michael Edwards Mr John Evans
Mr Adrian Kemp MBE Mr David Williamson
Ms Melanie Ellis
Proposed by James Conway, seconded by Nigel Vick.
10. To elect the Officers of the Association for 2016 - 2017. The following are willing to stand for election:
Vice Chairman Jennie Conway
Honorary Secretary Elena Gaddes
Honorary Treasurer James Conway
Chairman, Sailing Committee Stuart Jones
Chairman, General Committee Vacant
11. To elect the members of the two Sub-committees for 2016 - 2017 (6 places each):
General Commitee Sailing Committee
Rosie Bain Viv Brookes
Proposed en bloc by James Conway, seconded by Nigel Vick
The NSSA is once again pleased to be able to offer a set of grants for local associations to allow them to run accessible "All-Girls Training". “All-Girls Training”, or “Girls-Only Training” is a scheme to encourage young girls to get into sailing at a county or local association level. In this scheme, relaxed, informal training events, aimed at girls who have not yet attended an NSSA event, are run by local associations or county teams. The aim of this training is to allow these girls to gain confidence, meet other like-minded girls, and to allow the local association to form a relationship with these girls and their parents or guardians.
Well done to all who competed in the NSSA Inlands at Datchet on 28th and 29th May. The results are here...
The membership structure of the NSSA was changed at the 2015 AGM, and came into force on 1st April 2016. The changes now require all sailors wishing to participate in NSSA events to be individual members of the NSSA in their own right.
Membership Fees (As agreed at the 2015 AGM)
|Youth||£10 or £5 if a member of an affiliated organisation|