2018 NSSA Single Handed Team Racing
The 2018 single-handed team racing event will take place on the 27th and 28th October.
The event will be hosted by Oxford Sail Training Trust (OSTT) at Farmoor Reservoir, Oxford, OX2 9NS. This is a central location for teams travelling from around the country, and are very experienced in organizing team racing.
The event will be sailed under the Wilson Swiss League format in topper dinghies, which are provided by the organisers. We are hoping to run in excess of two hundred races during the weekend to provide plenty of competitive racing for all teams.
Accommodation, Meals and Entertainment
We have provisionally booked a number of dormitory rooms at the Hill End Centre, nearby in Farmoor. Breakfast and hot lunches will be available to purchase at Oxford Sailing Club from 7.30 am each day. A hot evening meal can be booked at the Hill End Centre on Saturday evening.
• Entry Fee £75 per team of 3 sailors
• Damage Deposit £100 per team of 3 sailors (returnable if no boat damage)
• Bed in dormitory accommodation £15 per person per night
• Evening meal on Saturday £7.50 (dinner) plus optional desert for £2.50
Entry Forms, Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions
• Entry, Accommodation and Parent/Guardian Declaration Forms will be available on the NSSA website soon.
• The Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions will be on the NSSA website later in September.
Trophies and Prizes
• The HMY Britannia Gig’s Yoke will be awarded to the winners of the Championship.
• The Lancashire Plate will be awarded to the highest placed team at the end of the Championship, who was in the lower half of the league at the end of completed rounds on Saturday, or round 5, whichever is the later.
• The Angus Westley Trophy will be awarded to the highest placed team at the end of the Championship, whose members are all under 16 years of age on the start date of the event.
• The Highest Placed Under 12 Trophy will be awarded to the highest placed team at the end of the Championship, whose members are all under 12 years of age on the start date of the event.
How to Enter
Requirements to enter a team into the event:
• Competitors must be under 18 years of age on 31st August in the year of the event.
• Competitors must be Youth Members of NSSA.
• Competitors can only enter as part of a team of three.
• Competitors must have an adult Team Manager to be responsible for the team.
• Parents must complete the NSSA Parent/Guardian Declaration Form and return to the Team Manager.
• Team Managers (male and female if male and female sailors in the team) and adult helpers must obtain Enhanced DBS clearance for NSSA, RYA or their local association before arriving at the event.
• Team Managers should submit an Entry and Accommodation Forms, Parent/Guardian Declaration Forms with full payment to Oxford Sailing Club by the closing date of 14th October 2018.
NSSA single Handed Team Racing Entry Form 2018
2017 NSSA Single handed team racing results
The NSSA Single Handed Team Racing took place at Banbury Sailing Club on 7th and 8th October.
In the semi final, Cambridgeshire A beat Derbyshire A 2-0 and Lancashire B beat Watford A 2-1.
In a closely fought final Lancashire B beat Cambridgeshire A 2-1.
Well done to all of the competitiors and thanks to Banbury Sailing Club for putting on an excellent regatta.
This year, the NSSA are pleased to be able to offer 6 race-rigged toppers on a 12 month loan to young sailors who would not otherwise be able to afford their own boat. This scheme has been designed to provide the opportunity for all young people, regardless of their financial situation, with the opportunity to have ownership of a dinghy.
The NSSA is proud to announce that our 2019 Regatta will be hosted by Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy, between the 21st and the 27th July.
We hope to see lots of your there for what promises to be an amazing regatta. Get those dates in your diaries!