Draycote Water Sailing Club is just south of Rugby, close to M1, M4 and M40.
Entries are now open please follow the link https://webcollect.org.uk/mydwsc/event/nssa-open-meeting
- Laser Radial Fleet Class racing. Laser 4.7 and Standard will sail in the Handicap Fleet.
- Topper Fleet Class racing. Toppers using the 4.2 rigs will sail in the Handicap Fleet.
- Handicap Fleet General Handicap racing (average laps). A class of more than ten boats within the Handicap Fleet will be scored separately.
- Rookie Fleet – novice sailors. Intention is a single start. There will be a separate course area and racing schedule for Rookies who will be competitors in their first season of racing who have never raced outside their own club. Classes will be restricted to a PY of 1220 and above and spinnakers may not be used (three sail PY’s will be adjusted). Outside assistance will be permitted from race officials and support boats (RRS 41 will not apply to this fleet). Entries for the Rookie fleet may be scaled down if the number and range of boats exceeds the safe control of racing areas and resources available.
- The warning signal for the first race on Saturday is 11.57. Six races are scheduled for the weekend.
The NSSA double-handed team racing event (also known as 2 boat team racing!) will took place on the 24th March 2018.
The event was hosted by Oxford Sail Training Trust (OSTT) at Farmoor Reservoir, Oxford, OX2 9NS. T
Racing took place in fleets of fireflies, which are provided by the organizers. Teams of two double handed boats, means that you only need four sailors to make a team, 24 teams took part. 72 races were run plus semi finals and finals. each team got at least 6 races
In the end the final was won by MCS A, they defeated MCS B 2:1 in 3 very tight fought races.
The NSSA would like to thank Dave Bickerton and his team of volunteers at Oxford Sail Training Trust, all the visiting volunteers, the umpires, the PRO Elliot, Ksail for results and scheduling, for making a successful event, it would not have happened without them
All the results can be found at http://events.ksail.co.uk/2018/NSSA/
As part of the prizes.
MCS A will get a funded entry into the Eric Twinanne team Racing championship in October 2018 representing the NSSA in the under 18 catergory
West Oxford Sailing Club A as the highest placest team with under 16s in will get a funded funded entry into the Eric Twinanne team Racing championship in October 2018 representing the NSSA in the under 16 catergory
This year, the NSSA, along with the Merlin Rocket Owners Association, are pleased to once again be able to offer the opportunity for several young sailors from the NSSA to attend the Merlin Rocket National Championships. This is a great opportunity for young sailors from the NSSA to get to try out a new boat, compete in a different environment, and expand their sailing experience.
2018 Match Racing Event
The 2018 Match Racing event will take place between the 30th November and the 2nd December. More information to follow - watch this space!
2017 Match Racing Results
Congratulations to Oxford Team Racing Association who are now this years Match Racing Champions! They were the highest placed NSSA team in the RYA schools Match Racing event last weekend.
Only three starts were achieved on the Saturday and these races were abandoned when the wind died completely. But on Sunday it was great match racing conditions and even some sunshine and so the full round robin was sailed.
Thanks to all the other NSSA member teams who entered to make it a great weekend. Thank you to the RYA, umpires, race officials and everyone else who gave up their time.
2018 NSSA Single Handed Team Racing
The 2018 single-handed team racing event will take place on the 27th and 28th October. More information on the event will be on here shortly!
2017 NSSA Single handed team racing results
The NSSA Single Handed Team Racing took place at Banbury Sailing Club on 7th and 8th October.
In the semi final, Cambridgeshire A beat Derbyshire A 2-0 and Lancashire B beat Watford A 2-1.
In a closely fought final Lancashire B beat Cambridgeshire A 2-1.
Well done to all of the competitiors and thanks to Banbury Sailing Club for putting on an excellent regatta.