This year, the NSSA were pleased to award 6 Toppers on a 12 month loan to young people who would not otherwise be able to afford their own boat.Due to a positive change in the circumstances of one of our recipients, we now have one Topper to re-award to a young person.
Recipients of the boats will be expected to arrange to collect their Topper from Oxfordshire. The boat will remain with them until the beginning of the Single Handed Team Racing event in 2020. They will be expected to arrange delivery to the beginning of the 2020 Single Handed Team Racing Event. They will also be responsible for storing and maintaining the boat during this time, although the NSSA will insure the boat.
To apply, sailors will need to complete a short form with the support of their team manager. To be eligible they must be able to show:
- That they are current NSSA members, and sail through a local association that is also a current NSSA member.
- That they are keen sailors who wish to develop their sailing.
- That they would otherwise struggle financially to own their own boat.
- That they are planning to use their Topper at a range of events in the next 12 months, including club racing and at least one NSSA event. (Preference will be given to sailors who are planning to attend both the Inlands and the National Regatta in their Topper).
- That they agree to arrange transport of their Topper from and to the SHTR.
- That they have the support of their local association, and that this local association is willing to act as a financial guarantor for the boat.
We are inviting team managers to submit an application on behalf of deserving young sailors in your team who would benefit from this opportunity. We are relying heavily on your trust and knowledge of the sailors and their personal circumstances to ensure that these boats are given to genuine deserving cases.