LOCATION - The event is being hosted for the first time by Banbury Sailing Club which is situated on the Northants/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire border. This is a relatively small family orientated club situated in the centre of the country.
SAILING - The event will be sailed under the Wilson Swiss League format in topper dinghies, which are provided by the organisers. We are hoping to run in excess of two hundred races during the weekend to provide plenty of competitive racing for all teams.
ACCOMMODATION, MEALS AND ENTERTAINMENT - We have provisionally booked a number of rooms at the Premier Inn in Banbury which is situated ten miles from the sailing club, and is on junction 11 of the M40. Hot lunches will be available at Banbury Sailing Club on Saturday and Sunday. A hot evening meal has been organised adjacent to the hotel and additional drinks and food will be available throughout the weekend at the club. Ten pin bowling has been arranged in Banbury for the Saturday evening (ten minute drive from the hotel).
- Entry Fee - £75 per team of 3 sailors
- Bed and breakfast at the Premier Inn - £80 per room per night for 3 (includes breakfast)
- Hot lunch on Saturday and Sunday - £6 per day
- Evening meal on Saturday (carvery with vegetarian option) - £7.50
- Ten pin bowling on Saturday evening - £5
ENTRY FORMS, NOTICE OF RACE AND SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
- Entry, Accommodation and Parent/Guardian Declaration Forms are available now.
- The Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions will be available later in August.
TROPHIES AND PRIZES
- The HMY Britannia Gig’s Yoke will be awarded to the winners of the Championship.
- The Lancashire Plate will be awarded to the highest placed team at the end of the Championship, who was in the lower half of the league at the end of completed rounds on Saturday, or round 5, whichever is the later.
- The Angus Westley Trophy will be awarded to the highest placed team at the end of the Championship, whose members are all under 16 years of age on the start date of the event.
- The Highest Placed Under 12 Trophy will be awarded to the highest placed team at the end of the Championship, whose members are all under 12 years of age on the start date of the event.
HOW TO ENTER - Requirements to enter a team into the event:
- Competitors must be aged 18 years of age or younger on 31st August in the year of the event.
- Competitors must be Youth Members of NSSA.
- Competitors can only enter as part of a team of three.
- Competitors must have an adult Team Manager to be responsible for the team.
- Parents must complete the NSSA Parent/Guardian Declaration Form and return to the Team Manager.
- Team Managers (male and female if male and female sailors in the team) and adult helpers must obtain Enhanced DBS clearance for NSSA, RYA or their local association before arriving at the event.
- Team Managers should submit an Entry and Accommodation Forms, Parent/Guardian Declaration Forms with full payment to Banbury Sailing Club by the closing date of 5th September 2017.
NSSA Single Handed Team Racing Documents below: