The 2017 NSSA Double Handed 2 boat Team Racing Championship will take place on Saturday 25th Match 2017 at Farmoor Reservoir, Oxford, OX2 9NS, a central location for teams travelling from around the country.
An entry form and parental consent form are now available, click "Read More" and see below.
The event will be hosted by Oxford Sail Training Trust (OSTT) . This is a RYA Team Racing Academy and very experienced in organizing team racing. Racing will be in fleets of fireflies, which are provided by the organizers. Teams of two double handed boats, means that you only need four sailors to make a team, which should make transporting sailors to the event easier. As this is a limited entry event, teams/counties/ clubs will initially be limited to two entries to enable us to offer the opportunity to as many different teams as possible to take part.
Giles Kuzyk (ex Topper national and world champion and team racer with Birmingham University) will be coaching between the races.
Facilities, Food and Accommodation
There are good showers and changing facilities at the sailing club, along with a huge car park. Thames Water charge £2 per day for parking, payable when you exit the car park. The club has its own galley and will have food available during the event. If your team would like to book accommodation, you need to arrange this yourselves, and we suggest you look at the following options:
1. Hill End Farm Residential and Field Study Centre, Hill End Farmhouse, Eynsham Road, Farmoor, Oxford, OX2 9NJ. To book telephone 01865 863510.
2. Travelodge Oxford Peartree Hotel, Oxford, OX2 8JZ. To book visit www.travelodge.co.uk or telephone 08719 846 206.
3. Or, try www.sailingaccomodation.co.uk which gives details of local bed and breakfast and camp sites near to the sailing club.
Entry Fee - £60 per team of four sailors (sailing two double handed boats).
Damage Deposit - £250 per team of four sailors (returnable if no boat damage at the event).
Entry Forms, Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions
Trophies and Prizes
- A trophy will be awarded to the winners of the Championship.
- The highest placed member organization whose team contains at least one youth (aged 18 or under on 31st August in the year of the event), will be invited to form a Youth team of six sailors to represent the NSSA at the RYA Eric Twiname Youth/Junior Team Racing Championship in October 2017.
- The highest placed member organization whose team contains at least one junior (aged 16 or under on 31st August in the year of the event), will be invited to form a Junior team of six sailors to represent the NSSA at the RYA Eric Twiname Youth/Junior Team Racing Championship in October 2017.
How to Enter
Requirements to enter a team to the event:
- Competitors must be aged 18 or under on 31st August in the year of the event.
- Competitors must be individual members of NSSA for tyhe period 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017. Membership MUST be organised before the date of the event.
- Competitors can only enter as part of a team of four.
- Competitors must have an adult Team Manager to be responsible for the team.
- Parents must complete the NSSA Parent/Guardian Declaration Form and return to the Team Manager. No form = no sailing!
- Team Managers should submit an Entry Form for a maximum of two teams to David Bickerton (see contact details below). Entries are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis, based on receipt of an entry form with full payment of entry fee.
- Deadline for receipt of entry form with full payment is Saturday 11th March 2017.
Contact - David Bickerton – djbickerton @ gmail.com
Be at Oxford Sailing Club by 9.00 am on Saturday 25th March 2017, changed into your sailing gear and ready to race.
Please note that no part of this document shall be taken as an official communication from the Race Committee.